Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A Gift of Love

It is COLD   burr here today, what happened to our 80 degree weather?  I guess it is not up to me to question---but I do.   Sorry Mother Nature, guess you are the weather queen for sure.  OK, so March is over and went out like a Lion so now ready for some pretty gentle weather.  Well in West Texas it ain't so - but can wish for it, no wind, sand or tumble weeds.  Mowed and edged yesterday and some of those shredded wheat looking things just tumbled into the yard.  Saying Ha ha Annette here we are what ya gonna do about it?  Well into the dumpster they went and the big blue dragon-aka trash truck-came and whisked them away today.   So who has the last laugh now Mr. Tumble?    Guess I better not be to smarty pants because they may all just come to see me when the wind blows.  

I promised you the second treasure I received the other day.  This arrived and I do believe it is a gift of love just pure love.   The veil and headpiece of my cousin Juanita.  I know I will create something so dear to the heart with this.  To go along with the pretty Nottingham lace sleeves she sent.  Maybe combine it with some of the delicate lace Leslie sent me.   I was so overwhelmed and it made my heart so happy.  

So without further ado, here it is.  She also sent some more of the beautiful butterfly paper to me and the veil was wrapped in an antique Rose paper,  I will not show it until it gets a special piece of art made from it.    I am thinking I can photo the paper and then print up for some beautiful Crazy Quilting.   What do you think? 



                                             The Edge of the fingertip veil.   So delicate.

 
I had to do a close up of the edge of it.  Whatever I make it should be stunning just from having this veil as part of it. 



The sweet flowers as the head piece.  Still as beautiful as they were the day she got married.  Perfectly preserved.  

There you go I just had to share this gift also.  I am strutting around like a bantie rooster right now.  

Thanks for stopping by and seeing what is going on in my world today. 

                                                                           XOXOX
                                                                           Annette

3 comments:

  1. Wow Annette, I can imagine how your creative hands itch to do something lovely and creative with this beautiful gift...and I am looking forward to seeing it ! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you will have such fun creating with that beautiful treasure. I can't wait to see what those creative hands and your imaginative muse might create.
    Hugs,
    Pat aka MB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about the weather!!!! Love the treasures you've been receiving!!! Fun and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for browsing on my blog and taking the time to post. You know how we love the comments they mean a lot to me Hugs to all and thanks for being here. xo. I am sorry for right now I am having to monitor the comments, seems like a spammer has visited here. have a good day.