Friday, January 31, 2014

When to say Uncle

Uncle !!!!!  One of the words you hear on TV.   When you say uncle and that means enough, I give up or I am finished.  It is funny the words we use and for different situations isn't it? 

Sometimes I have a tendency to use the words wrong and dear Hubby will say you mean this don't you?   Probably  I do.   I pay attention to details, especially when I watch Movies or TV shows.  I can tell you what they had on the walls etc really important things like that.   Once, years ago mind you, I needed a new typewriter ribbon for a little manual-gasp-typewriter  my Mother In Law bought for me.   She knew I like to write about nothing but did like to write with my imagination.  Still have the typewriter by the way.   I went into the local office supply store and asked for a typewriter ribbon.  The sales lady knew me well and said what kind Annette?  I promptly said a black one.  She just laughed and said Annette only you would say that, no I need to know the make of the typewriter.  Of course I had to go back home and see the make of it.  Who would have thought you needed to know the make of if it.   I surely didn't.  

I finished my February block and finally had to say UNCLE with it.  I just kept adding and adding things and every time I thought I was finished with it and announced it to my patient Hubby he would say yeah yeah I have heard that for 3 days.  He was right and finally I thought UNCLE !!! I am absolutely finished with it I just fell in love with this little block and didn't want to leave if half finished   

My last post it was half finished in my book.



Soooooo with no more yacking here is the block and it's little close ups. 


                                                 THE FINISHED 8 INCH BLOCK




CLOSE UP OF THE CENTER AND ALL THE LITTLE BUTTONS THAT EACH HAVE A STORY TO TELL.  THEY WERE RAIDED FROM MY BUTTON TIN FROM YEARS AGO, WHEN I USE TO SEW EVERYTHING.  


 ANOTHER VIEW OF THE CUTE LITTLE ROSES AND THE DEPRESSION GLASS BUTTONS


THE TOP OF THE HEART BUTTONS AND THE LITTLE BIRDIE HAD TO FLUTTER BY AND SEE WHAT WAS GOING ON.



JUST ANOTHER VIEW OF THE BUTTON HEART AND OF COURSE I JUST HAD TO ADD MORE PEARLS AND LITTLE PURCHASED ROSE BUDS



AN INSPIRED70'S OR EARLIER YOYO , THIS ONE I MADE WITH LACE AND SOME ORGANDY RIBBON .  I FORGET TO MAKE THESE CUTE LITTLE THINGS, I MEAN IT TAKES JUST A MINUTE TO DO IT.  



There you go some close ups of my block for February.  Now I hope this brings a tad of sunshine to your winter day.  Now I know some of you are enjoying Summers so we will send you some of our refreshing cool weather, just a tad. 

  Thanks for stopping by and seeing what is going on in my world today.  

                                                          XOXOOX
                                                            Annette

2 comments:

  1. Totally beautiful work, Netty, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning block! You already have your February block finished and I am still working on my January block...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for browsing on my blog and taking the time to post. You know how we love the comments they mean a lot to me Hugs to all and thanks for being here. xo. I am sorry for right now I am having to monitor the comments, seems like a spammer has visited here. have a good day.