Thursday, August 8, 2013

Faerie Eggs and Fabric Books

Hello and hi there, well here it is August!!!! I mean already August.   Man alive time if truly flying by.  Can you see Father Time floating by with his banner across his chest and his staff?  Well I know they show him as a baby January 1 with a banner across his chest and at the end of the year a very elderly gentleman with long beard and all.   I can truly see why he looks that way..wow just keeping up with us for a whole year has got to be exhausting. 

The other day I received some happy mail as I call it.  When I get an unexpected package with treasures in it.   I guess that is why I like to send them out because I know how they make me feel.  HAPPY !!!!   One of the things - treasures in it was a little tin of Fairy Eggs. Yep you read correct.  Now what do they look like you may ask?  Well here they are.

Is this not the cutest tin?  I love it and Fairy Eggs?

 
 
The back of the tin is just as cute.   Had to show it also.


 
Here you go the Fairy Eggs in all their full glory.  This is just the cutest idea and the sweet lady that sent them said she just couldn't resist being as I have been creating faeries like crazy.   I have sold one of them and some of the ciggies and cards. Those little gals have been good to me I have to say.
 



Now this has nothing to do with Faerie Eggs or Fabric books but just had to share this Bougainvillea with you.  I do think it is outdoing it's self this year.  Such a breath taker isn't it?


 
I have been busy making some fabric books and wanted to share with you what I am doing.  Remember I have this beautiful lace and this one is for a gift so I did block out some of the pics until she gets it.   I hope she likes it. 


 
I did use some of my Faerie ciggies that I printed up from my art work.














Here is one more fabric book, it is small and I made it for my lace angel that gave me the lace from Taco Tuesday.  I don't know her at all so I hope she likes the book.  I didn't make a giant one for her so fingers crossed





 
Now I have one more fabric book done and will share it in a few days, I don't want you to have lace overload.  Of flower overload from some pics I took of our patio.   Granted we only have trees we have planted since we have been here but a tree is a tree in our flat land of the Texas Panhandle.
 
I guess the most challenging thing I am fixin to do is possibly open an Etsy shop.  My friend Geraldine and Mary Jane have urged me to so I will make a stab at it.   Yikes. 
 
There you go for today and thanks  for stopping by and seeing what is going on in my world today.
 
XOXOXO
Annette


10 comments:

  1. Annette, your blog is always a joy to read. Everything you create is so thoughtful and beautiful! And your bougainvillea is a super wowza! It is just reflecting the beauty of the gardner:)
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy glad I haven't let you down. Love doing the blog just playing and sharing and touching base with yall. xoxox

      Delete
  2. Oh Annette-your fabric books are just gorgeous!! An I love the photo of the bouganvilla--is it growing on your house or in your yard? Lucky you! When we went to Mexico it was growing everywhere is all colors-gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet so glad you like the books they are habit forming as Pat Winter warned : ) The bouganvilla lives in a pot on the patio and then in the back garage in the winter with a hair cut that looks like a new little boy's haircut. Sheared. But rewards us in the summer after we feed it good and lots of sunshine. Wish we could leave it out all year think how it would look. Have a great weekend xoxoxo

      Delete
  3. Such pretty work. I always love your posts. Go for the shop. I'm sure many will flock to it.

    Summer is flying by..and this is the first year I am glad because I am retiring in September!! I CANNOT WAIT!

    Have a great weekend.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Carol, still trying to figure the Etsy out LOL. Yea retiring good for you but becareful it is habit forming also. I thought what will I do and now I think I have no time it just fills up, the day that is. LOL Have a great weekend.xo

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful bougainvillea and your fabric lace book is so wonderfully made and with your fairies, very personally, wish you a lovely sunday dear Annette.
    Hugs Anni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anni, do yall have the bougainvillea up there? Just wondering how far north they will grow. You are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy north. Glad you like the books and have a great and creative week my friend.

      Delete
  5. Oh Annette! Your fabric book is simply to give up chocolate for! Gorgeouso!!! Yup summer is flying by- looking forward to cool days in my studio- creating!!! So, when are you going to start teaching? )hint hint!)
    love ya!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie your are to funny giving up CHOCOLATE? Is that almost a rebellion? Teach? Me? No way go to Pat Winter Gatherings and she has a tut on how to make these wonderful books. You just play and play and no rights or wrongs. lol Now get that chocolate out my dear. xoxo

      Delete

Thank you for browsing on my blog and taking the time to post. You know how we love the comments they mean a lot to me Hugs to all and thanks for being here. xo. I am sorry for right now I am having to monitor the comments, seems like a spammer has visited here. have a good day.