Saturday, February 8, 2020

A Little of This and That

Hi and Happy February,  I bet you all have been just wondering what in the world is the Mother Nature trick of weather doing?   I personally think she just does this to keep us on our toes.  Spring weather, then some winter white stuff thrown in there and another cold front coming.  Well she can't fool the Robins at all.  We have seen several of them the past couple of days.  They know what is happening.

I have to share this beautiful surprise gift I recieved. So my colors and such a treasure.  Thank you Lydia Talton  a crazy quilting wiz for sure. . 

Just look at this art piece.  I have it hanging in my bathroom over my jewelry chest.  It is the spot light over my Mary Francis purses and other treasures there in the little nook.  I thought and thought where could hang it so I will enjoy every day.   Not my sewing room, I do go in there but not everyday nor my art room.  I go in the art room several times a day but this is to elegant in my eyes to be in there. 



Just look at the stitching  and the color choices, she knows me well.  oxox  A treat for the eyes.

I was trying to get fancy with my blog and until I figure it out, thank you Jackie PN for wanting to help me.  I will take you up on it for sure.  What I am trying to do is make little parts of the blog with recipes.   Now when I started this idea it was for goodies etc.  Well since then hubby has been diagnosed with the ugly Diabetes.  I now have a mission to transform all my recipes into Diabetes friendly ones.   Yes I know the Keto ones are out there, I would feel like a traitor though totally using those.  Atkins has helped us during the years and we are very comfortable with that.  We even went on vacations and stayed on the a
Atkins diet before this other stuff was so IN, so eazy peazy. 

I am making a cookbook for us.  Nothing goes in the book until I test it out and it is hubby approved.  I am not a nutrition expert but hey as long as the ingredients work we are happy.   He is a sweet lover so I am also concentrating on making his favorites but good for him.  It is fun and I am enjoying it and he is also.  He doen't need to lose weight so he loves the goodies I am making for him.  All good for him.  . 

In the next few days, I promise soon, I will share with y'all what I have.  There are lots of recipes out there but some not really really diabetic compatible and tastes, like the doctor said CARDBOARD. One site I found did list some things he can eat and some are so boring.  Not a drop of Cayenne pepper in them at all, I use spices a lot, he is allergic to onions so spices are my go to.  Well we will fix that.   I am just eating everything with him, he does tell me to eat regular but nope I am a Taurus as he is and we are both hard headed. Can you picture us butting heads?  We do sometimes.  Course he knows the saying Happy Wife--Happy Life.  Isn't that how it goes?

Well that is my doings for the moment and just had to share some this and thats with you.  More art projects coming also. 

Thank you for stopping by and seeing what is going on in my world.

                                                               Annette
                                                             XOXOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for browsing on my blog and taking the time to post. You know how we love the comments they mean a lot to me Hugs to all and thanks for being here. xo. I am sorry for right now I am having to monitor the comments, seems like a spammer has visited here. have a good day.