Thursday, December 5, 2019

Learning something new

Hi y'all, well we so enjoyed Thanksgiving but not with Turkey but with Shrimp Scampi.  So easy to make and yummy.   I know not everywhere celebrates Thanksgiving and I think our Northern neighbors celebrate in October.

A typical Thanksgiving meal is turkey, gobble gobble, and Dressing or Stuffing.  I think it depends on what part of the country you are from is what you call the Dressing or Stuffing.  Dressing is what is put around the turkey or side dish and stuffing is STUFFED inside of the turkey.  Well to me that is the difference.  Mr. G does not care for dressing or Turkey so I cheat and buy a little pan of already made dressing.  I can have dressing for several meals, well I put the left overs in the freezer and enjoy it when my taste buds crave it. 

One time my Mother cooked duck for Thanksgiving.  She was from England and sometimes we had different things to eat....like Ox Tail soup.   Now you can imagine a 5 or 6 year old  or so eating the soup and said this is good.  My brothers and sister all liked it also.  Well the ones that were old enough to eat the soup.  I said what is it?  She smiled and said Ox Tail soup.   Now you can imagine what we did.  I said arg quite loudly and spit it out.  Of course brothers and sister did the same.  I did feel bad about it when I was older and laugh about it.  But an OX and it's Tail?  I couldn't imagine.  I think we were either in Tacoma Washington or Geronimo Oklahoma. I am not sure but somewhere in those areas.

We just keep learning about different things in life don't we?  I am not sure if  I will ever try to make the Ox Tail soup though.

I am trying to make a category of recipes and I am thinking a atab of  guest recipes with their stories also of their family favorites.  I thought might be fun.   BUT........ I am trying to figure out and learn how to do this on a separate tab up top with different categories.  They say we are never to old to learn so this ole grey mare is trying.

Just had to touch base and let you know what is going on in my world at the moment.

Thank you for stopping by and seeing what is going on in my world today.

                                                        Annette
                                                        xoxoxo 

1 comment:

  1. Well, you sure got me to giggling over your Ox tail soup! have you had it since you were an adult? I wonder what it tastes like?I would try it as I always like to try new things!

    You should be able to add pages through you blogger dashboard Annette. Give me a shout or PM on FB if you need some assistance.I 'd be happy to help you out~
    and BTW, I love dressing, stuffing,both as well! heehee
    sending hugs my friend xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for browsing on my blog and taking the time to post. You know how we love the comments they mean a lot to me Hugs to all and thanks for being here. xo. I am sorry for right now I am having to monitor the comments, seems like a spammer has visited here. have a good day.