Saturday, March 7, 2020

A Little This and That and Alice in Wonderland CQ

Hello there, Spring has got to be here now.  It is going to be, after tomorrow in the 70's for several days.  So to me, that says put the humming bird feeders out just in case some early birdies come to visit us.  I won't put a lot out right now, I know a bully will try and take over several of them but hey I guess he needs to eat also.  I am sure the hummers are already down in Rockport.  It amazes me how the tiny tiny birds fly so far.  They have determination that is for sure.

I have this piece of art that I painted for a Christmas present for Grandson this past year.  I almost forgot to take it's picture for my hall of fame paintings or painting I have painted.  I guess that sounds better doesn't it?  The painting is a 16x20 if memory serves me right.   I usually put Indian symbols on and under them but this one just didn't call for it for some reason.  Pleasant looking expression and just knowing it is being painted maybe? 


\
I started an Alice In Wonderland Crazy Quilt squares forever ago.  Seems like forever we have moved twice, but think we are in our forever home for at least 25 years. Then we will be 100 and 102 and probably won't care lol . 

I am finally getting to put the pages together as a book.  The only CQ work I have ever made a wall hanging for is my Day of the Dead blocks.  So the beginnings of an Alice In Wonderland fabric book.  I tried every combo of fabric I could think of to make all the pages gel together.  Then I found some I had that is kinda loud and wild, like this story of Alice and you will see how and what I brought together.  The fabric is red,yellow and turquoise kind of like the cover, well the colors are like the cover.

This is going to be the cover of my book.  Kathleen Klein made this precious Dodo bird for me and I added the felt hearts-flowers and butterflies and all to it.  Just a little something to show of the Dodo bird.  Thanks Kathleen Klein.   A fun invitation of come on in and enjoy the adventure in here. 

The first page  is probably the calmest page in the book.  Right now Dodo does not have a backing on the back to go with page 1 but it will have soon.  I added this turquoise trim to every page to bring the block in and tie them all together.  Of course I couldn't have something plain in the book so I did add stitches and some pages will have beads also.  You know how I love beads, 100 pound of beads on a page is just about the right amount.

The sweet little flower lace is from  www.RavioleeDreams.com  I have used her pretties all thru out this book, I am thinking 18 pages in all. There are 5 pages that I had in a Round Robin and will let you know who embellished them for me as they come their turn.

This is a peaceful scene before the wild adventure begins for Alice.  I got the idea to do this series when I came across a book my hubby received for Christmas one year like in 1946 or so.  He was 4 years old then.  I thought how cute would this be to create this the CQ way.  Please enjoy the adventure of Alice with me and how and what I did with the pages.

Thank you for stopping by and see what is going on in my world.   I  hope you will enjoy seeing the book come to life.  I am working on page 5 right now.  I just did't want to put a bunch on here and wear your eyes out.  

I did add one recipe to the recipes tab, learning everyday about this blog stuff oxox


                                                                   Annette
                                                                   xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for browsing on my blog and taking the time to post. You know how we love the comments they mean a lot to me Hugs to all and thanks for being here. xo. I am sorry for right now I am having to monitor the comments, seems like a spammer has visited here. have a good day.