Monday, September 22, 2014

My September RR Crazy Quilt block done and done

I have my September RR block finished.  Like I have said this is the first time I have done a RR of this type and love it.  A challenge every month to work on another artist's block and someone you don't really know.  
 
For some reason I was at a loss what to do with Rengin's block.  She is from Turkey and this is traditional  hand dyed  fabric.  It is so soft and the colors are beautiful.  Then I thought ---OK Annette just create like it is your block and play. I think Rengin would want that.  She is going to put all 6 of the blocks in a wall hanging and we are to make them all coordinate them. 
 
 
The empty block I choose.  The remaining 4 all just had the same colors and just different configurations.     
 
 
 
 
 
Here is what I did with Rengin's block.   I hope she likes it. 
 


 
 
 
I actually got brave and dyed a little piece of trim that came from Ireland, thank you Ger.  It is part of a medallion I had cut in half.   Now the piece I put it on is really grey not the color shown here.  I then put a button styled after Depression glass in the middle of it.   The pretty ribbon is some my friend Denise sent me and it is so pretty.   Then I added bits of Australian lace my friend Betty sent me.  This is a friend contributed block let me tell you.  I love getting packages of pretties and I use them all.  Of course I always share back.  The pretty ribbon is some from Flights of Fancy, well worth the price and now on sale.  
 
I needed a main eye focal point so I used some of Nicki's beautiful dyed lace, sorry Nicki Lee what I did to your lace.   Nicki's shop is RavioLee Dreams.   I just embellished to my hearts content and this is the finished piece.  
 
 
I am still working on my Haven/Meals on wheels pouches.  More pics later.
 
There you go and thanks for stopping by and seeing what is going on in my world today.
 
 
                                                                          XOXO
 

                                                                         Annette
                                                                   



6 comments:

  1. How do you have the patience? Love all the beading...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omgosh girlfriend!! Is there anything that you make that doesn't look like a million bucks?!! Gorgeous needlework my friend- truly gorgeous! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie, well you make me feel good. Thanks tons and hope the hand is well===100% xo

      Delete
  3. That is awesome, so much work! I love your style, is so distinctive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Moni, I feel good that I have a style. Funny how we don't try for one but it comes out as we create. Like your beautiful lady paintings you do. xoxoxo

      Delete
  4. The block is stunning. I love all the bright colors you use to embellish.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for browsing on my blog and taking the time to post. You know how we love the comments they mean a lot to me Hugs to all and thanks for being here. xo. I am sorry for right now I am having to monitor the comments, seems like a spammer has visited here. have a good day.