Friday, May 1, 2020

May is here !

Hello and happy May 1st.  Spring and Fall are my favorite seasons of the year.  How about you?  Course the Spring here brings some hefty winds, like today. Just hand on to your hats and forget the hairdo if you go out.  Just saying that is just this part of Texas.  I guess it Mother Nature clearing the air?  Maybe?

I have been busy, well as busy as I ever get anymore, doing some painting and drawing.  Not much CQ lately, wellllllll making beaded bees might be CQ.  I do use them on my fabric work.


Here are some of the little guys.  I love them because they don't sting me and look pretty cute on my fabric art. It would be horrible not to have real bees though that pollinate everything for us.  Love watching them burrow down in flowers and working hard to get the pollen.
Different beads make them look totally different.  Something to do while watching TV.  Baseball isn't happening right now but there is other things to watch on there.  Shocking isn't it?


Lets look at the sketch/art I did Wednesday.  It is different and I had to get out of my comfort zone for sure.  Jenny Manno of Next Jeneration  Art on Facebook,   does little mini prompts and lessons.  I saw this and thought ok Annette !!!!! get our of your comfort zone.  You can do this. 

I first sketched it in pencil, out of my head, a scary thought and then got the good ole sharpies and Micron pens out and just did what I felt to this sweet face.  When I attacked it enough I used Charcoal for some shading.  It is not a giant piece but she was a challenge.  At first I thought I am not going to do these again, but the more I look at her I am getting drawn in to maybe doing another one.




 Here she is, a bit of face sketching and then some doodle/zentangle art.  I think you can see the charcoal work  for shading of a lot of it.  Many doodles to see on here.


Now the next piece is a Mashup as Jenny calls them.  I think I shared the Halloween mashups for 2018 and 2019.  Fun to create and just see where your muse takes you.   Just combining this Mashup group of hairdos or styles of different decades combining anyway we want with flowers of the assigned month.  This is April's post and of 1930 decade and Cherry Blossoms.  I think she would make a pretty "ciggie" for my CQ fabric art.  I cannot image making the waves in your hair back in the 1930's.  Lots of ladies on the Next Jeneration Face book page and so many different styles of painting.


There you go what I have been up to, well you know more than this but what would I visit with you if I showed everything?    I do have a larger painting and I kind of took pics of the steps and will share those next time.  

                       Thank you for stopping by and seeing what is going on in my world. 

                                                               XOXOXO
                                                                Annette 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for browsing on my blog and taking the time to post. You know how we love the comments they mean a lot to me Hugs to all and thanks for being here. xo. I am sorry for right now I am having to monitor the comments, seems like a spammer has visited here. have a good day.