Saturday, March 10, 2018

Bust the Deal, Face the Wheel

Hello and happy Saturday.    Today the sun is shining and feels so good on your bones doesn't it?   I was going to share the Shrimp boats out in the bay and finally remembered to bring my camera.  Well the boats weren't there so we will try again tomorrow.   It was so interesting to watch them and the patterns they went in the water. 

I finished a painting and it after John Waterhouse's mermaid.   Sort of like his painting and I thought I would show the work in progress and then the finished piece.  I think I will start adding these paintings to my Web page and start selling them.  I think. 

Here she is starting her looks, it is funny how they become who they are when finished. 




Here she is finished I think, you know how that goes, you think a painting is finished then after a few days after it "cooks"  you think what was I thinking?   You go at it with a whole different mind set.




It is getting pretty again here, there is still lots of Hurricane damage to be repaired but this little town is getting it done.  I think warm weather helps the attitude of it all also.   We added this little rocked area in the back yard.  The space was impossible to mow and so gravel and landscape cloth took care of it.   Eldon brought the gravel from the back of the car and I cut the bags and dumped it out on the cloth.  We had team work going on.  Yes we can hire it done but why do that when you enjoy doing it and are able to do it yourself?   We are just leasing the home but we didn't figure the landlord would mind if we did a little upgrade here and there and we put down some sod with Saint Augustine grass on part of  the yard.   We have to make it pretty if we are going to stay here a bit.  The Hibiscus is doing great and now for Annette to give the chairs a good coat of paint.   I just wanted to make sure the wood was good and dry, we have been getting little sprinkles of rain here and there.  I am not sure what painting wet wood would do but I think it needs to be good and dry.  



Now you may remember the movie of Mad Max Beyond Thunder Dome.  If you bust the deal you face the wheel of punishment.  Well we have a few more days for my drawing  and I certainly don't want to bust the deal, when I said we would celebrate our 90,000 plus views.  Some a few more days  until March 14th and we will draw a winning name or two.  You know how I do on my drawings.   So be sure and leave your name below and please check back to see who the winners are.  I will announce on FaceBook also who the winners are.  Good luck to you all.

Thanks for stopping by and seeing what is going on in my world today. 

                                                       XOXOXO
                                                         Annette

4 comments:

  1. Hi Annette, I think we must be in tune. I just looked at your mermaid, and lo and behold I'm wearing my mermaid nightshirt. (It's 11.30 am, so that's a bit TMI) I can't seem to get started this morning, but I've masses to do, not least sorting through my stash to start on a needlebook swap with a CQ group. Hope you and Eldon are keeping well. John has had the plaster taken off his arm, but it's still giving him quite a lot of pain. (How much is real and how much is his aversion to gardening, well your guess is as good as mine. lol. Hugs and Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea we are on the same page, mermaids. Lol well love the gardening aversion. You are priceless xoxoxo

      Delete
  2. Your mermaid is just beautiful- like you!
    Oh your chairs look so inviting and comfortable Annette! Perhaps we should pop in for a visit? heehee
    Thanks for the sunny post!
    Jackie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just stop over anytime, a glass of Ice Tea and problem solving of the world. oxox

      Delete

Thank you for browsing on my blog and taking the time to post. You know how we love the comments they mean a lot to me Hugs to all and thanks for being here. xo. I am sorry for right now I am having to monitor the comments, seems like a spammer has visited here. have a good day.