Saturday, March 5, 2016

Alice, the Knight and The Lady in Red

Hello and happy Saturday.   Now I know it is like a regular day to us, being as Hubby and I are Relaxed Retired, but we still think WEEKEND relaxing.   I suppose WEEKEND  is just ingrained in us.   Work on weekday and relax on weekends.  It is funny isn't it how we get into habits of different little quirks.   
 
Now when kids and grandkids were in school we went to ball games on weekends also as well as during the week.   One time, I guess this is dedication or nutty or some label, one of our daughters didn't do track.   BUT she worked at the concession stand, so Hubby and I went to the track meets to "support " her.   Sometimes people would ask us why were we there and our answer would be because our daughter was working in the concession stand.  Funny what we do for our kids isn't it?    One daughter was a runner, a true runner.  She ran like the wind and we loved hearing people from other towns that were sitting next to us say watch this one she can run like the wind.   One track meet we went to the field was so foggy we could only see the start line and the finish line but we got to see her start and finish and of course win.  She didn't let the fog slow her down.   
 
I am not sure why this little story came to mind but it did today.  I guess the wind blowing and the sun shining made me think of track meets. 
 
Today I am showing the March CQJP and of course it is Alice and the knight.  I do wish you could see the horse better it is blinged up big time.   The horse has lots of sparkles on it.   I painted the designs on the little birds, made the trees go out of the "ciggie"/ silky  and made some polka dot flowers out of ribbon.   This has been a fun project.  A little secret?  Well I have thru June already done and will finish them soon,  6 more to go, because our Texas Rangers will be starting their baseball season soon.  Baseball is great stitching time and the games are several hours long so stitching I do.  
 
 

 
 
I have started another series like my Faeries I did a couple of years ago and thought you might like to see it develop.  I am thinking of doing "ciggies"/silky out of these also,  Just a little different and may even put on my Etsy site to sell the "ciggies/silky.   
 
Here is the sketch of the first one, I used a magazine lady for the model.   Magazines are full of the ladies and some have not giant smiles and just perfect for what I do.   I loved this one but she didn't stay looking like this long.    
 
 
 
 
 
Here she is after sort of finishing the face and I thought what and where is she going?  I try to let my art speak to me, yes it does speak to me  and I try to listen at this stage in my art.   When I was younger I didn't  listen to my "muse" and was never happy with my art.  I think one thing is I painted for judges and what I thought I should paint and for what a gallery wanted.  Now it is for Annette and I enjoy the easiness of it.
 
 
 
The circle appeared and so did the tree and then I thought well now what?    I added some gold leaf, some butterflies that flew over from England, thank you Juanita, and I even added an earring to her headpiece. 
 
 
 
 
 
If you know me by now I like pretties and swirly lines and I had to add more of the lines.  I also added some pretty red fabric on her dress.  A plain red painted dress was not what she needed.  So she is finished and I do believe she will make a perfect ciggies/silky .  
 

 
There you go and thank you for stopping by and seeing what is going on in my world today. 
 
 
XOXO


Annette




1 comment:

  1. Oh Annettte! You make me giggle with your trails.... We still think for the weekend as you do as well! And Friday, well we call that Friday Fun day! usually we go out for breakfast or lunch and some fun site seeing or shopping!
    I love your pieces and the gal in red is gorgeous! I think she would also look lovely in Emerald green- a Celtic Princess as those swirls reminded me of such!
    huge hugs to you and Eldon@ xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for browsing on my blog and taking the time to post. You know how we love the comments they mean a lot to me Hugs to all and thanks for being here. xo. I am sorry for right now I am having to monitor the comments, seems like a spammer has visited here. have a good day.