Saturday, January 12, 2013

Beginning with the Gelli Adventure

Here I am using that word again Begin/Beginning.   Humm wonder if my muse is telling me something.   Bless her heart sometimes she has to just hit me in the head and say ANNETTE !!!!    So consider that done.    Now this could be a lot of things to begin and in my world, as you may have noticed covers a large area.  I figure you have to use and stretch your brain or it may turn into Jello.  Now I am not saying Jello is bad, yummy in many ways but your brain?  Nope no Jello.  
 
It is funny though how simple Jello is and you just stir water in it and add "stuff" if you want and chill it but it is indeed something I forget to do.  I even have an eazy peazy cheesecake DH's mother gave me that is so good.  OK I am straying.  More on that at a later date. 
 
Soooooo, I am beginning another year with Life Book with Willowing .ning.  ( I have a littel clickie thing on the side bar ) One of the lessons so to speak,  guess you could call them lessons.  Just some fab Videos and PDF's from I think this year 24 teachers.  Wow what a learning experience. 
 
We are making what we think our Fairy Art Mother looks like and she can encourage us all year.   So here she is.   I first made the background, first one with the Gelli Plate, it was kind of gummed up but I don't think my Art Fairy cared.  I sketched her and did the watercolor crayon business on her and some acrylic paint.   I don't think she wanted to be left forever without bling.  A girl has got to have bling.   Now her crown turned into a little hat so I had to add some bling to it and a poof of tulle and a fairy charm.   Earrings of course.  Every Texas Fairy has to have earrings. 
 
 
 
I don't know if you can see but she has bracelets on also and a poofy skirt of pinkish tulle with glitter.  I thought this little gal will proudly guide me all year.   And of course her wings have bling-AKA Mica flakes.
 
 
The GELLI PLATE !!!!
 
Man alive this is indeed habit forming I just played and thinking I will look more intently at some videos but the Fairy and I just played.    After adding paint and printing off with the old finger rub on the plate, high tech here.   I then added doodles and do dads with my pens.
 
So here ya go,   they were fun .  
 





 
I am looking forward now to adding "stuff" to these for my art journals and tags and whatever I can come up with.   
 
Thanks for stopping by and seeing what is going on in my world today.
 
XOXOXOX
Annette

16 comments:

  1. Loving your texas fairy Annette and thank you for sharing your gelli backgrounds. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annette, the colors on these are amazing. They are so vibrant. I love the reds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this new beginings Annete! I love that you are learning new things as this will bring you new inspirations and challenges! Keep up the great works dear! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just ordered a Gelli plate myself...can't wait! This is so cool, & you could frame these all by themselves! Beautiful Annette xxxoooo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colours!
    Hugs, Heidi:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. well I think I need one of those gelli plates!! Darling fairy--what did you use to stick that tulle skirt on??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Janet you need one you will be able to create up a storm. I used Fabri Tac got it at Wally World. Worked pretty good. I glued the sequin with"Annette"s Art" and the fairy down with the Tackey Glue. Glad you like her xo

      Delete
  7. Thanks girls for popping in. Love your comments. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. They make me think of summer, love the orange and black one. You are really enjoying your new toy and the fairy looks magical.
    Geraldine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such bright colors...wonderful eye candy for a dreary and cold Pacific NW day! Thanks for the uplift...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Annette- I lovvvee your fairy girl! She is adorable and I agree with Carol, loving the colors- wonderful eye candy indeed! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your Fairy and your prints turned out AWESOME!! So adore your work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is right your alley Annette I knew you would love i! Great job on the Fairy and you look like you are having some fun!
    HUgs Marilou and Yes Janet needs one too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Annette. Your fairy is a total self portrait ! Can you see it ? And I just LOVE your gelli plate works, specially the one with the flower really speaks to me, wow ! Oh, you must be having so much fun , you did begin the new year the best of all ways ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have them but have yet to use them...fabulous! So artsy and I can only imagine the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for browsing on my blog and taking the time to post. You know how we love the comments they mean a lot to me Hugs to all and thanks for being here. xo. I am sorry for right now I am having to monitor the comments, seems like a spammer has visited here. have a good day.