Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Little Bit of This and That

 
Well do I look like I have pulled out all my hair?  I can imagine seeing the cartoons with the woman's hair standing on end and pulling out her hair left and right.  Blog spot has been not letting me post pics so I have gone to Picasa-another learning curve.    I certainly prefer the way I was doing it but I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks.  Not tricks I want to learn but I guess Woof Woof is the word of the day for me.
 
OK, where was I?   I have been just playing to my heart's content in my art room.   Funny they look so nice and semi neat if you aren't doing anything in there but Katie bar the door when you are creating.  Yesterday Lace and fabric we piled 12 inches deep on the table, but now all cleaned up now.  It is waiting for me to finish the book and go to another project.   I guess a good fairy came in and cleaned it up, well don't get your hopes up I hate to tell you but don't think there is a good fairy.  Just ourselves.     I think it was day before yesterday Pat Winter had posted a wonderful lesson on fabric books.  I have admired them so much thought why not?  The first one will be mine, just in case I bomb on this project.  I have 8 pages in it and having a blast.  Well, the first pages are nothing to write home about but then I got to playing and sewing and just seeing what I could do.  Here is one page almost finished, I have to bling it up some.  Maybe not as blingie as my CQ but bling it some.    As soon as I get them all pretty will show you.   This would be great with family pics in it or anything to your imagination.
 
 
 
 
Here you go, one page of the book.  Two fairy's getting ready for the day and then going to spread some magic around.
 
~~~~~~~~~~
 
Sea Turtles,   now what in the world does that have to do with fabric books you ask?   Not a thing but I did warn you this was a this and that post.   Guada has a new little monthly project for us and it is FREE.  Yep you read it right.  She does the line drawings and her friend  Jay does the animal drawing and we play and color.   I did in the crayon watercolors and did add the do dads in the lines and painted the turtle and backgrounds and all the color.    Every month she is going to have a different totem animal Mandala  for us to paint.   Should be a great collection by the end of the year. 

 
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Now what does tissue and foil ( in the olden days use to be called tin foil ) have in common?  It makes pretty flowers and three dimensional pretties     Now I can remember that eons ago we had to save all the foil and even the foil in gum wrappers, I was very young.  Not sure why but do remember doing that.  This was along with the memory of when we got to take turns and mush this package of white stuff and in the corner of it was a yellow square of something.  We mushed and mushed it,  I always remembered when it was my turn.  What came out of this?  Margarine.  Don't know why it was that way but it way.  Wonder if it has something to do that Daddy was in the Army and maybe it was for the place where we got groceries?  Guess I will never know. 
 
Anyway here is what I created from Life Book this week.  A lot of texture and creating.
 

 
 
Here is the word BEGIN again, maybe that is my word for the year.  It keeps popping up.  
 
 
There you go----Thanks for stopping by and seeing what is going on in my world today.
 
XOXOXO
Annette

4 comments:

  1. oooh you have been busy Annette. Loving the gorgeous fabric page, smashing mandela and loving the textures on your page. Enjoy the day, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annette, you've been a busy bee. The book page is absolutely stunning. So amazingly detailed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a gorgeous page! I can only imagine the book all finished! I saw the tutorial also, but it was way over my head:) I will live vicariously though your artwork!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!!! Stunning is right...eye candy! Love this page!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for browsing on my blog and taking the time to post. You know how we love the comments they mean a lot to me Hugs to all and thanks for being here. xo. I am sorry for right now I am having to monitor the comments, seems like a spammer has visited here. have a good day.