Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Little Red Riding Hood and Santa

I think you all know the story of Little Red Riding Hood and the pretty little red cape she wore.  When doing photography I was always trying new and fun things when photographing children.   So Red Riding Hood was the next project, now trying to find bright red velveteen in February/March was like looking for  a needle in a haystack.  Which would be impossible in my book.  Anyway we were gong to Biloxi , Mississippi for a little R and R , well lo and behold there was a fabric store that had theatrical material and there shining like a star was Red Velveteen.  So of course I had to purchase some and I bought enough for two.  A dear friend Carol Gee was on the same quest.  I made two when I got back and she had found the cutes baskets that we use for Red Riding Hood to carry. A perfect prop for our capes.  

So you are asking what in the world does Red riding hood and Santa Clause have in common?   Well, sometimes things happen in life and you need a change.  I thought I am going to make new stockings for Santa to fill.   Pat Winter's magazine had a wonderful pattern by Kathy Shaw and being as I have fallen in love with Crazy Quilting it just fit the bill.   The girl one is almost finished, just have to put a few charms on it and line it and back it.  This is where Red Riding Hood comes in.   I had left over fabric and what better way to back the new, 1/3 the size of the old, stocking?     I am not sure though of the guy stockings though, is this to girlie for them would Santa be embarresed to fill a guy stocking with beads on it?  I am still pondering this one.


 
 
The almost finished stocking.
 
 

 
The little angels are upside down here and I got the idea from one of the  photos in Pat's magazine.   

 
 

 

 
There you go, won't Santa be surprised Christmas Eve?  
 
Thanks for stopping by and seeing what is going on in my world.
 
xoxoxox
Annette

21 comments:

  1. Hi, Annette: This is coming out so beautiful. I LOVE it. Beautiful stitching and wonderful mix of green, red and white. I can just picture it hanging on a mantle. How festive. Looking forward to seeing how you finish this. Have a great day. Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, the idea with the different fabrics sounds wonderful for the boy stocking. xoxox

      Delete
  2. WOW! You never cease to amaze me with your creativity! You are one talented lady!!! I will have to stick to shopping for my goodies! I don't have a creative bone in my body!
    Hugs,
    Sherri Schaap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherri, oh I bet you do you just haven't spread your wings and let your muse lead you. I can bet you have a great one. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Your beadwork embroidery is totally fabulous Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty Annette!! I was just looking at your playlist, because I was tired of listening to the same one all the time and discovered the Fairies song!! LOve it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like the Fairies song girl, I am not really knowing what it's title is, they had some coakmayme name for it and I retitled it.

      Delete
  5. oh its beautiful too nice to fill i would just hang it ...

    hugz bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bev, it will certainly hang my friend. Where's your little picture of your smiling face? xo

      Delete
  6. Loving all the embroidery - your stitching is beautiful. Those stockings are on my to do list...to do someday.
    Ger x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geraldine, what is holding you up? There are 24 hours in the day, do you really need two hours of sleep? Love ya my dear.xo

      Delete
  7. Love the stockings. Wish I had time to play with fabric. But I to have two precious little girls to play with every day:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks anonymous, whoever you are. Enjoy the girls they will grwo up so fast. xo

      Delete
  8. wow Annette what fantastic work amazing your so clever I love it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome Annette, : ) there are several of us Nettes around. xoxo

      Delete
  9. Great job Annette, so pretty and I love the fact that is has a high heel on it.. How about a Cow boy boot for your Grandson? Just a thought:) Have a great a creative week:) Marilou xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilou, yes Kathy had the pattern for a boot for the guys. She is great for sharing that with us .xo

      Delete
  10. oh, whoever gets that will have the most amazing stockings ever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for browsing on my blog and taking the time to post. You know how we love the comments they mean a lot to me Hugs to all and thanks for being here. xo. I am sorry for right now I am having to monitor the comments, seems like a spammer has visited here. have a good day.