Sunday, September 16, 2012

Love Fairy

I do love fairies, in my world they are here, flitting around spreading love and hope and good thoughts.  Kind of like miniature angels I suppose, possibly the angels helpers, they do have wings.  I can imagine them riding the dragonflies around when their little wings get tired.  OK this is a stretch but it could happen.  It could.  I do have a book though where they can be mischievous also.   So you know when children accidental do something they shouldn't do and blame an imaginary friend, possibly it is a fairy being mischievous. 

I am taking Life Book, lots of exercises in art techniques from several sharing artists.  I am totally caught up, oh guess that is a stretch.  How about only 22 lessons behind?  That is more like it but it lasts all year and I think if I can do two a week plus all my other fun interests I might can catch up.  If not, I think I will be alright.  Isn't it funny how we put pressures and dead lines on ourselves?  I do it all the time and then stop and think why am I doing this to myself anyway?   I am retired, I can play and goof off all I want and still be alright in the world.  

The week 31 I just finished is with Adriana Almanza, such cute big eyed girls and fairies.  Her teaching is priceless and she shares all with you.  I have been so lucky in every art adventure I have done this year, sharing teachers that come from the heart with what they create.  Our little fairy is suppose to be a Hope Fairy but I had thought how great all my teachers have been,  so I had to make her a Love Fairy. 


Here she is, now this gal has some eyelashes to die for.  One thing people don't tell you is when you get older?  The eyelashes get thinner as does the hair, so I like to do eyelashes and hair on my gals.  The lesson did have us do eyelashes like this so I love this technique.  I think all of  Adriana's gals have the eyes and lashes like she taught.  Pretty cute. 

  I used a new set of pens with this technique, we were suppose to use matt but I was lucky to find any of them, but all they had was gloss.   Deco Color pens, you have to prime them by shaking and then push the little point down a few times to get the ink to flow.  TRUST me it will flow, well not flow but just flat makes the red sea of ink.   After you clean that up and go on with your drawing with the pen, if you don't push down on it hard it works wonderfully.   I only have five colors but enough to get me into trouble with my other art supplies. 

Oh did you notice?  I figured out how to make links to websites?   I figured OK can't be to hard, so after a couple of attempts it is done.  TA DA  Sorry just had to share that also. 

Thanks for stopping in and seeing what is going on in my world today.  Oh the Beast of a Pillow is 75% finished, I can't wait for Pat and you to see it.  Just finished my garden spider and almost good to go.  One more Texas Ranger game and I should be ready to assemble it into a pillow.

                                                                XOXOXOXO
                                                                Annette


15 comments:

  1. Nicely done Annette--I am with you totally on fairies--I know they live in the woods behind our house. Great eyelashes!! And I am with you 100%--we are retired--we don't have to do anything we don't want to--funny how that work ethic still rears its head isn't it--oh your music is playing the song "A Summer Place"--that dates us both, doesn't it-that you picked it and I recognize it!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. A Summer Place,yes I guess it does date us but so pretty. When it was playing DH says that is our song, years ago so you can share our song. xox

      Delete
  2. Hi sweetie, WOW this little fairy is so sweet and so wonderful, I had thought of this workshop, but even though I have stopped working six years ago, there are so many things I want to do, so many things I want to learn, and time passes too quickly,wish you a lovely and creative week with many new challenges.
    Hugs Anni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog dear! i am your follower now :) your fairy is so sweet,you are very talented, never stop!
    ADY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!
    Your fairy is so sweet and pretty:)
    Hugs, Heidi:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your gorgeous fairy with her fab eyes and hair. Perhaps you would share your knowledge with me on how to link to websites as cannot work it out for myself and believe me I have tried.........guess am just dim...........xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Netty and whoever would like to know. I know there are several ways to do anything but this is how I stumbled on to linking a website. No Netty you are not dim. I promise you you are not my dear.

      When you are posting or editing a new post,inside the post as you type in the blog or the site or the person however you want to let them be identified. The highlight their name holding the left mouse and over the name. Then at the top where you can add photos etc click on LINK---TAA DAA an opened box. It will say text to display (the name or whatever you have typed in your post should be there)
      Then Link to web address, the click on the blank and paste your link. I go to the sites home page or whatever you want to link to and copy it first. you can go to the top of your screen and it will say something like http:// yatta yatta dn that is what you will copy. There is a place to check, which I have, that says open this link in a new window . Just guessed that one also. Then click ok and you are good to go.
      Then in your post the name should be highlighted in red. you can click on it to check it and then a little faint box will come up and I ignore it, I just click on the site's name to make sure it works. Then go on and write your wonderful blog and you have whipped and tackled linking.
      Hope this helps if not let me know .
      xoxoxo

      Delete
    3. wow thank you so much it works brilliantly, xx

      Delete
    4. Great so glad I wrote this so you could understand, I do not write the best instructions in the world. Now off you go into blog world putting links like crazy. xoxo

      Delete
  6. oh Annette, your fairy is dreamy, the colors are so bold and vibrant. And her wings are ready to take flight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks girls for the comments, you know how we love getting them, yall are the best. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous Annette glad u have found time to dive back into LB

    hugz bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is totally beautiful, a wonderfully dreamy attitude and the text is so right. I am having a little problem to solve with my computer, and I just know you will know how to fix it :-))) Will write you later about it. Have a nice day my friend. xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Annette Lovely to hear from you. My first name is sandra but my middle name is Annette. Your blog is amazing you have lots of gorgeous pieces of work on it. Keep in touch. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for browsing on my blog and taking the time to post. You know how we love the comments they mean a lot to me Hugs to all and thanks for being here. xo. I am sorry for right now I am having to monitor the comments, seems like a spammer has visited here. have a good day.