Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Summer, Art and the Internet

 August is here and to me that means Fall, my favorite season is nearly here. When all the flowers are still pretty and the grass is green, well not this year with the terrible dry spell for here but usually it is green.   Some how the Internet reminds me of the season changes.  It has  lots of changes here and there  and so many beautiful things going on with it, well in my part of the cyber world at least.  

I have discovered new friends, lots of art of all kinds out there and now getting to know some of my family across the pond.    Only thru the Internet would this have happened.  It just makes so many things happen in your world.

With the help of Ancestery.com  we have discovered new family members that we have been looking for a long time. It is just so exciting to find out who they are and what they are doing and to know you have kin across the waters that have been lost to you.  I know this will be good for the heart as well.  

I am also taking online art classes, stretching my mind and keeping my art muse on the ball and maybe panting along the way.  She is probably saying "OK Annette, enough is enough, slow down some".  She doesn't know that I have a lot of catching up to do in the art world.   I guess like the busy little ants gathering their food for the winter, I am gathering up all the knowledge I can. 

I am taking a class from Zinnia on the Artful Gathering.  What a collection of talented artists, sharing their knowledge with different classes of all kinds to interest so many different people.   It is winding down now but bet next year will be just as good.  Zinnia also has the Roses on My Table site and so much to share there also.   She is teaching textures right now on the Artful Gathering.  Well textures I am learning. 


               Be sure and double click on the images to see all the texture. 


Now this little bottle has a story, we needed a bottle to make pretty with textures and whatever you could think of.   I loved doing this project all the way from the photo on it to the tippy top of the bottle with the bead.  My friend Bev suggested some silver or gold on the cork so I have to go back and do that.  I needed a bottle  and thought I don't want to go buy a bottle.  Well in our cabinet was this little thing holdimg Peppermint Schnapps  that I used for the yummy chocolate cake last year.  So I just poured the remaining part into a water bottle and labled it  and taa daa I have a bottle.  Sort of free of charge.   Sort of.  Well in Annette logic anyway. 



We also made this cute little book and learned lots of tecniques with the inside pages.   Here is the cover of it.  I did get carried away but gave me lots of food for thought with it.   Hummm maybe I am like the little ants getting ready for winter ?   If we have a bad one here this year I can play to my hearts content.  

There you go this is what is going on in my part of the world .  I do thank you for stopping by and seeing what is going on here.   xox

3 comments:

  1. What beautiful work, I love your blog!
    Have a nice day!!
    Ciao!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Franz and glad you enjoy the blog. That makes me feel good that someone and many someones are. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. New vibrations for my!
    Always a good feeling for my mind!
    Nice week-end,Willy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for browsing on my blog and taking the time to post. You know how we love the comments they mean a lot to me Hugs to all and thanks for being here. xo. I am sorry for right now I am having to monitor the comments, seems like a spammer has visited here. have a good day.