Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Live in the Moment

Here I am with another one of those little sayings.   LIVE IN THE MOMENT.  I am thinking what does this mean to me?  Eldon and I agree that it means live for today, not to worry about tomorrow or yesterday.  Kind of like the present?  The little gift you give yourself.  Today is your present.  He says I live more in the moment more than he does.  I do wonder about if I could have changed anything and I think not, what it is -is what it is.  I just try to live day by day, even when I was growing up and a teenager I never really thought, but once, what was I going to be when I grew up.  I figured I would do what I was suppose to do.   Now you are asking what in the world brought this little subject up to Annette?

Well, remember the Artful Gathering class I am finishing up with?  The bottles and textures ?   I thought alright lets do a cute bottle for grandaughter, she loved the one I did first, not her colors but the whole concept of it.  So I created this bottle , showed it to her and she loves it.  I feel like pleasing a busy little 19 year old was like hitting the jackpot at Vegas.  To me anyway, probably cost me a lot less dollars also that going to Vegas. 

I drag out the paints and all the goodies to create this beautiful bottle, paint, glue and things go to flying like a mad scientist building their whatever they build.  I have a wonderful 2 foot by 3 foot matt, they call it a misting matt by Tattered Angels.  It is pink, which is a good color almost as good as red or yellow, right up there anyway.  It is a silicone matt that our glue doesn't stick to or the paint but remember it is not a cutting board.  I keep the newly discovered error at the back of my work table now. 




Here you go, the bottle.   The sunflower is from a painting I did earlier here on the blog, the jewelry goodies is from a bracelet I cut apart and the little medalion at the bottom is stating to  LIVE IN THE MOMENT.   Now you know where my saying came from I put other words around on it also.  This was fun and Zinnia might have created a monster here, making these pretty little things. 



 


This is the next bottle I created.  Lace, ribbons, flowers, charms,metal dragon flies and words.  I also added a painting I had done of grandaughter during her Senior year of high school.   It was an antique bottle we picked up earlier.  The saying on this one is in the garden of life you are the rarest of flowers.

There you go and now you know what I have been up to the last few days.   Thanks for stopping by and seeing what is going on in my world.  xo

5 comments:

  1. I love this post, have done a great deal of thinking about living in the moment, a goal outlined by so many of the worlds eastern religions. Finally feel like I'm learning to be fully present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annette,
    I thought I was following your blog but apparently I wasn't.......well I am now...lol
    Loving your beautiful altered bottles and your wonderful paintings below. Have a great weekend, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Yum Annette. I sure would like to learn how to do this. I just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Annette,
    Love, love love the bottles. And your sunflower one has the most striking combo of colors. Just finished a bottle of vino, and I may just jump right into transforming it!!! Yes, I'm on Roses, too! Vicki
    A beautiful blog...keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Annette. You bottles are just wonderful! Usually I see them in all neutral tones, so to see them with all that fabulous color is really great!! Thank you so much for leaving your sweet comment over on my blog. I hope you have a wonderful week!!
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for browsing on my blog and taking the time to post. You know how we love the comments they mean a lot to me Hugs to all and thanks for being here. xo. I am sorry for right now I am having to monitor the comments, seems like a spammer has visited here. have a good day.