Sunday, March 7, 2010

Vertically Challenged vs 10 feet of Wall

Hello there,  

Just wanted to post my last challenge.  Sometimes I feel like David fighting the giant with some of my projects.  Like the floor cloth but that is another story.  

Sometimes you really mess up and I will admit it.   When we moved into this house the bedroom is a lot larger than we have ever had.  Always painted the bedrooms this wonderful red, it depends on what paint you buy what color it is but can be called Cabin Red or several other AKA's.   So why not paint all four walls with 10 foot ceiling and who knows how tall the rest of it is in this house?   Well, have you ever felt like you were in a cave?  This did.   Having gotten back from painting wonderful grandson's bathrooms-two of them- I thought I am going to tackle this little project.   I have been up and down a ladder many many times already.  This eight foot ladder and I are on first name basis by now.   Remember I am vertically challenged.  Of course my feet touch the ground but my head just isn't as tall as a lot of people's heads.

After going to Lowes twice for three test pints of  test paint I finally came upon   Earthy Ocher.  Now how they get these names I will never know.  To me eathy is dark brown or if the land has sand in it a tad more orange and could be gunky clay and it comes in a various amounts of colors.   I just knew I would have to put kilz on it to cover, but the painting fairies are with me.  Nope just two coats of Earth Ocher,  it went well with the bedspread and the goldish color and seems to be an in color.  I am not really into in colors but hey I am in now.  Now I do not tape at all you know the little blue tape they say you have to do.  When I use tape I make the biggest mess.  The paint oozes under it and all.   I  usually use a good cut in brush or discovered one of the little pointed foam brushes.   Once my daughter wanted me to paint their son's bedroom and I used all the things she wanted me to use the tape and plastic and made a MESS!!!!! Took more time cleaning it up than painting  LOL. 

 So here are the pic of the joining walls and the one by the dresser.  Right now have some "stuff" on the floor trying to figure out a display to put on the wall.  It is easier to move on the floor than putting holes and then moving them.  That is ok though holes in the wall, makes it breathe easier.  


This is the Cabin Red and the Earth Ocher together.  As you can see it does go together.  The Paintings above the bed are traditionaly done by yours truly.    As are the lamps in my China Painting days.  Actually we did paint but mainly visited .  
  
Another view, I wanted the curtains to look  like a petticoat underneath.  


Well kind friends thanks for stopping by and seeing what is going on in my world.  You never know.  

3 comments:

  1. Really pretty, dear. As a vertically challenged one also I can relate very well to this.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gorgeous i love your cave lol and agree the earthy colour suits its a beautiful space ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank Bev and Ann for stopping by. Yall are just great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for browsing on my blog and taking the time to post. You know how we love the comments they mean a lot to me Hugs to all and thanks for being here. xo. I am sorry for right now I am having to monitor the comments, seems like a spammer has visited here. have a good day.